The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) ha notified the Notification No. 06/2021 – Central Tax (Rate) in which the following changes have been made in the Notification No. 11/2017 – Central Tax (Rate):-
- Substitution of Section 12AA with Section 12AB
- Change of rate of Temporary or permanent transfer or permitting the use or enjoyment of Intellectual Property (IP) right in respect of goods other than Information Technology software from 12% to 18%.
- Change in rate of Services by way of job work in relation to manufacture of alcoholic liquor for human consumption from 5% to 18%.
- Services by way of printing of goods falling under Chapter 48 / 49 i.e. other manufacturing services, publishing, printing and reproduction services, material recovery services at 18%
- Services by way of admission to theme parks, water parks and other places having joy rides, merry go rounds, go carting or ballet at the rate of 18%
- Services by way of admission to casinos or race clubs or any other places having casinos or race clubs or sporting events like Indian Premier League at the rate of 28%
- in the “Annexure: Scheme of Classification of Services”, after serial number 118 and the
entries relating thereto, the following shall be inserted, namely:-“118a Group 99654 Multimodal Transport of goods from a
place in India to another place in India
118b 996541 Multimodal Transport of goods from a
place in India to another place in India”.
This notification is to come into effect from 01-10-2021 onwards.